Monday, February 18, 2013

Decembering

I looove December! Fun activities all month long!

Our December activities started the day after Thanksgiving when we went with my dad to pick out a tree for their house. I love real trees - it is so fun to pick them out, smell the fresh, pine, etc. I don't think I could ever do a fake tree. 




All loaded up!


Al and my dad doing the hard working of stringing the lights!


Another FAVORITE tradition, that started last year, is our Cousin's Christmas Night. We get together with all the girls, Whit teaches us some yoga in a dark room to relax us before the holidays, we have delicious food, and exchange our favorite things by candle light - it is such a fun night!










One night, Al and I went down to the Shops at Riverwoods - it is so much fun at Christmastime! Lights, Santa, a huge tree, Waffle Love, live music! 


Aunt Polly's "Christmas Eve" (or night before Christmas Eve!) truly is my favorite party of the year and I look forward to it all year long! Her house is so cozy and warm, the food is amazing, we play games, laugh and stay all night!




Playing The Name Game


The Cool Name Game Group


I got together with my DG friends for dinner at Settabello and a white elephant exchange at Court's, it was so fun having everyone in town and getting together with the whole group, love you girls!


2 comments:

Polly said...

i've just watched all your December posts. loved living through the month with you. thanks for making our chicken noodle party the best. it wouldn't work without all of you guys! love you

Katie said...

i'm sad it's all over! such a fun month. p.s. i can't stand next to you in pictures anymore - you are too skinny form me.