Can you even believe that I won a trip to Ellen's 12 Days of Giveaways?! Me either. It's still hard to believe. It was seriously the funnest three days ever. Not only did we get tickets to the show but we got a trip out of it! They flew us out there and put us up in a hotel - it was so awesome to get a mini vacay out of it!
We got there at 7am the day before the Ellen taping and our first stop straight from LAX was to our fav place - Randy's Donuts. The most ghetto place but the best donuts, we are slightly obsessed.
Disneyland at Christmas is so magical! I am a little kid at Disneyland, I loooove it!
If you have ever watched Ellen you know that she is known for dancing. And going to her show is literally a work out! Right when you get in the studio about 30 minutes before the show they start a huge dance party, then you dance the entire show long. It is SO fun!
During the commercial breaks there are always dance contests for the audience members and Al was chosen to be an audience dancer. If you don't know Al very well this would come as a huge surprise to you that he is an awesome dancer - and by awesome I mean a hilarious/funny/weird dance moves type of dancer. But the whole audience the staff were loving his moves. I have never laughed so hard in my life. He did awesome and won the "dancer of the day" and got a t-shirt. If only I could get footage of his dancing!
Al with the "warm up" guy
"Rodeo Drive, baby"
Later that night we went back to the LA Temple to see their gorgeous lights. It was so fun to see lights at another temple other than the Salt Lake. I loved seeing the palm trees lit up!
We got there at 7am the day before the Ellen taping and our first stop straight from LAX was to our fav place - Randy's Donuts. The most ghetto place but the best donuts, we are slightly obsessed.
Next up - Disneyland!! I have always wanted to go Disneyland at Christmas so I was SO excited!
Tower of Terror - best.ride.ever.
Toy Story - our first time on this ride and I killed Al!
Lunch at Cafe Orleans - had to get the famous Monte Cristo. Good but after a few bites I was done, WAY to sweet for lunch. But the fries and sauce were a.maz.ing!
Al was excited to get a pic with a Storm Trooper, but the best part of the picture is the photobomb from the Chinese kid!
Normally I hate Its a Small World, but at Christmastime it was so fun! The entire ride was transformed, I loved it!
It was such a fun day, everyone needs to go to Disneyland at Christmastime! The decorations, trees, wreathes, lights, parade, rides, characters, etc. It was all so amazing!
The next day was the Ellen taping! This really was one of the most fun days I have ever had, no joke.
We didn't have to be to the studio until 2pm so we slept in, went to Target to the get toys for Ellen's Toys for Tots drive, got lunch, etc. We then headed over to the studio for the show!
When we got there we were excited to find out that we were "VIP" guests, it was so awesome!
We didn't have to wait in the lines, we had our own little VIP section to wait in and we got to walk over to the studio before anyone else.
We also got seated very first and we got the best seats in the house! Ellen only has 4 "reserved seats" in her studio. One for her mama, two for Drew and Brittney Brees (Saints quarterback), and one for Twitch from So You Think You Can Dance. And we got the Drew and Brittney Brees seats which are supposedly the very best seats in her studio!
During the commercial breaks there are always dance contests for the audience members and Al was chosen to be an audience dancer. If you don't know Al very well this would come as a huge surprise to you that he is an awesome dancer - and by awesome I mean a hilarious/funny/weird dance moves type of dancer. But the whole audience the staff were loving his moves. I have never laughed so hard in my life. He did awesome and won the "dancer of the day" and got a t-shirt. If only I could get footage of his dancing!
Al with the "warm up" guy
Ellen's 10th Season!
The show was so awesome. Our guests were Amanda Seyfried (Mean Girls, Mamma Mia, Les Mis) and Usher! Amanda was really cute and funny, she looked so pretty in person. And it was so cool seeing Usher - especially since we had such good seats. He also performed so that was way cool.
The giveaway was amazing - we got 2 of everything since we were both there! So we got two: Xbox Kinect, Xbox game Dance Central 3, Neato Robot Vacuum, Beats Pill Speaker, eBay gift cards, Google Nexus tablet, Nikon Coolpix camera, and HP Photosmart Printer.
Here is our swag (that we sold - well most of it)!
After dinner we went back to the hotel and headed out to dinner but right as we pulled out of the parking lot I saw The Grilled Cheese Truck! I had heard of it before and knew it was on the Food Network, plus I am slightly obsessed with grilled cheese sandwiches, so we decided to pull back into our parking lot and wait in the long line for our grilled cheeses. And I am SO glad we did! It was seriously so fun. We loved getting to know the people in the line by us. They were going off on how obsessed they are with the truck and how the follow it all over the city, etc. And then the sandwiches! So delish. THE BEST grilled cheese I have had. I had their brie sandwich with caramelized apples, pecans, etc. It was so good, I HAVE to go back sometime!
The next day we checked out of our hotel and went to do a session at the LA Temple. It is such a beautiful temple, one of my new favorites!
After the temple we went to lunch and shopping in Beverly Hills.
I had to check out Dash since I love my Kardashians so much! :) Pretty stupid store though!
After the temple we headed to the airport for our late night flight home.
It was such a fun three days! Disneyland, Ellen, lots of gifts, shopping, the temple and beautiful weather - it couldn't have been better! All thanks to Ellen! Thank you, Ellen!!
It was such a fun three days! Disneyland, Ellen, lots of gifts, shopping, the temple and beautiful weather - it couldn't have been better! All thanks to Ellen! Thank you, Ellen!!
1 comment:
i'm so jealous you went to the ellen show! it sounds so fun!
Post a Comment