Let's preface this by saying that I hadn't gone skiing since elementary, no joke. But Meg, Jon, Katie and my dad had gone skiing a few weeks prior but I couldn't go because of work and I felt a little left out! :) So we decided to go skiing on New Years Eve! I was a little nervous since I had no clue what to do, but I couldn't wait. I rented my stuff, borrowed my dad's old ski clothes and we headed up to Brighton.
This was a total accidental pic I found on my phone at the end of the day! Looking nervously out the window on our way up!
Waaa! So cold/nervous/excited! I HATE chair lifts, they freak me out, I can't look down.
It was a FREEZING (like literally 5 degrees) day - but so clear and beautiful.
The first run was hilarious, Jon took us on a more advanced run and Meg and I basically sat on our bums and scooted our way down! :) But after that we were okay and had a blast - I am not good by any means, but I could at least make it down the hill in one piece, while having fun and not crying the whole way down!
It was such a fun day and it made me want to go again so I can actually maybe become a decent skier one day?!
After freezing to death on the slopes we went to my parents and stayed in jammies all night warming our numb toes by the fire, roasting hot dogs and mallows, and playing Bingo with the fam with amazing prizes from my parents!
I dare to say that this year might have been my favorite New Years Eve yet! Here's to a great 2013!
1 comment:
love that pic of you guys in the chair lift! sad i couldn't go with you :(
Post a Comment