I am soooo behind on blogging that it is giving me anxiety! My original goal was to get caught up on my blog before the end of the year, but seeing as how it's now 2013 I made it a new years resolution to get caught up! So here is a LONG and random post about our fall. Once again, sorry for the awful iPhone and Instagram quality of the pictures!
The perfect way to start off Fall for my family is with fresh peaches!! We loooooved peaches this year!
We have a tradition every year to dry a ton of them! It is always a lot of work, and an even bigger mess - but soo worth it!
Fresh peach pie!
And my new fav thanks to Kerry is grilled peaches with ice cream - sooo delish!!
One day at work one of the insurance carriers that we write for showed up with an ice cream truck and we had free reign!
I am obsessed with Fall and the amazing leaves so we always have to drive up the canyon a few times - Katie and I were obviously loving it!
One of my closet Daybreak friends had a baby and before he was here Melinda and I threw Linds a shower! Lindsey is so amazing and we have a close bond since we both went through miscarriages a few weeks apart, have issues with fertility, etc. so I was so excited for her to finally get the baby she waited so long for.
Going to the General RS Meeting is always a highlight of my year and this year was so amazing - it was especially neat being able to hear one of our family's close friends, Linda Reeves speak.
My BFF Bitty got married!! She has been one of my closest friends since high school and I am so happy that she found her perfect match!
Don't mind our eyes, thanks a lot, iPhone!
I was having a little too much fun in the photobooth -
Me, Abby and Court
Dan, me, Meg and Pris
Kristin was in town from DC so her mom and sis-in-law threw her THE MOST amazing shower - all of the details were incredible! It was so fun getting together for a mini high school reunion to celebrate Krist!
General Conference truly is the highlight of my year and thanks to my mama we were able to go downtown for it once again. It was the most perfect, gorgeous fall day.
In between sessions we are able to go back to the Relief Society building to each lunch with the general boards - it is so fun being in the presence of such amazing people.
I love my neighborhood and all the friends I have met in Daybreak - we try to get together as often as we can for a Red Mango night
Al's mom is so amazingly talented - she made the witches and elves at Gardner Villages so that shows you her level of talent! - and this year Cornbelly's hired her to make this huge corn man, he was awesome!
One night my fam went up to Midway for dinner and as we were in line Meg and Jon walked through the door and surprised us from AZ!! It was the best surprise and so much fun to have them in town for Jon's fall break!
We ate dinner at Tarahumara - so delish!
After dinner we drove back to Salt Lake and went to Red Mango
My cousin Tenley's wedding shower was at The Lion House - it was so fun to get together with all the girls on my mom's side of the fam - this is probably only half of us - there are a lot of Rawlings girls!
We had a busy Fall with Avenue Lou - we had to ship a couple hundred cases out in a day so we stayed up all night to get things done! :)
Girls night with my high school friends at Fashion Place to celebrate the October birthdays
My obsession this Fall - Pumpkin Spice Red Mango with graham cracker and chocolate chips - sooooo good!!
Halloween and Christmas are neck & neck for being my favorite holiday - Halloween is just so much fun!
I love the decorations...
and the food, movies and treats! I love getting a Jack-o-Lantern pizza from Papa Murphy's!
Last year for Christmas Alan's mom gave me a daily dot-to-dot calendar for my desk - I seriously love it, best gift ever! I obviously waste a little too much time coloring them but I can't resist!
Halloween at my work is quite the big deal - we all dress up and have a costume contest, Spaghetti Factory caters our lunch, we play games and trick or treat! We clearly don't get much work done on Halloween!
I had my boss borrow and read my Hunger Games books so he dressed up as Katniss for Halloween! Such a nerd. :)
Meg had all our high school friends over for a Halloween party and it was so much fun! They decorations were so cute, the food was delish and the games were hilarious!!
VOTED! Team Mitt!
Girls night with my college friends to see Breaking Dawn
We went to CPK for dinner and had a Favorite Things gift exchange and then went to the movie, it was such a fun night and I actually loved the movie!
Dinner with Grandma Lou on a rainy night - love her and her little rain bonnet!
Face Timing with my fav little guy, Jack man!



1 comment:
you guys have such a fun life!!! those peach pictures made me hungry.
Post a Comment