Ok so I woke up on Sunday, turned on my computer and EVERYTHING WAS DELETED! I almost had a heart-attach! All of my work stuff, Al's work stuff, all of my pictures from the last 3-4 years, everything was gone! So for the last few days Ive been freaking out. I havent been able to work or do anything.
I took it to my brother who is very good with computers, but he couldn't find any of my files. So I called around to a bunch of computer repair places and luckily one guy, who happened to be the cheapest, knew exactly what happened. I took it there and got it back within 24 hours and now its good as new!
Now I'm here happy, able to work {and blog} again, but I still think its time for a new computer so it doesn't go ape on me again!
8 comments:
What!!! How frustrating! I'm so glad you were able to restore the info. I would die if I last all my pictures that are on the computer. Phew! Well, I'm glad it worked out, but what a nightmare! See you tonight! Can't wait to see your 3 things!
I seriously have nightmares about that happening! One more reason I need to start printing my pictures and not just loading them onto the computer!
I am glad the computer is feeling better!
I am pretty sure I could've peed my pants if I were you!!! I'm glad you found someone who could fix your computer!
What a crazy day for that to fall on! I would have been in tears! Would you give me that guys info just for future ref...I'm so glad it all worked out & I'd said YES to a new computer!!
Oh, Sar, I'm glad it got fixed. My computer is my life! Just so you know, Brian could've probably helped you. His job focuses on computers so he handles all my family's issues.
I know how you feel! I DID delete everything in my iPhoto and it still makes me sick!
One time years ago Dee accidently deleted a manuscript he'd been working on for more than a year! He called the high school and told them to have Pete come home because his dad was having a heart attack! Pete arrived and saved the day.
It's SO scary to realize how dependent we are on the computer! I'm glad everything worked out for you.
that is so scary...i've had my computer just die on me one day...i've learned the words 'backup drive'...get one and do it every so often...it will save you from that sick, sick feeling...
Ahh!! That is my worst nightmare! I am so glad that everything worked out and you got everything back. I think of the pictures first... you should download all of them with a backup! I hope you are doing great!!
Post a Comment