Monday, April 14, 2008

Guilty Pleasure

Ok...what is wrong with me lately? Im pretty sure Ive learned it from a certain two people who I lived with for about 21 years of my life. Lately I cannot NOT have a Diet Coke everyday! And the worst part is that I drive past a gas station everyday on my way home from work and I just have to stop and get a 32 oz. I have been so good most of my life by not getting addicted to this stuff...but I'm finding myself turning more and more into a certain someone-who-brought-me-into-this world each day! Which is not a bad thing except for when it comes to this! I swear I'm going to gain at least 10 pounds and two thighs worth of cellulite thanks to this addiction! Just if I wouldn't have made that first step into Holiday Oil I would not be here today. But I did, and here I am- -a D.C. addict.

18 comments:

Heather said...

Hi! I just stumbled onto your blog tonight and I must comment. You are not alone in your addiction. I'm obesessed with diet dr pepper. I have to have one every day. Sometimes twice a day. And I have done this for years. Speaking of which....

Erin Spenc said...

I have a similar problem. I had never had a Dr. Pepper before I got married. Now I can feel my body shutter if I see it and can't have it. And I don't mean the diet stuff- I mean the real sugary stuff. Diet soda probably won't give you big thighs as fast as the real thing. Mmmm.

Travelin'Oma said...

My parents always drank coke, but we weren't allowed. Dad watered it down sometimes to give me a taste, and after we were all in bed I'd hear the ice clink and rush in for a little sip.

I know I can give it up, because I have a few times for several months at a time. But now I ask myself "Why?" Little pleasures are what make life sweet: lilacs in the spring, your favorite song on the radio, a newborn baby...a 32 oz. coke...these are things that make me happy!

Jake said...

I remember I gave you some Diet Coke one time when I was babysitting, so this is probably my fault!

Coke addiction runs in the family...

Tibett said...

Sarah,

I have the same addiction! Except I don't drink it every day. But I think it is the best treat in the world! Love it!

The Perry's said...

I am lucky if it is just ONE 32 oz. each day......... and it has to be fountain!

meg bags said...

I love DC. However I don't have to have it as often as you too. I am not that addicted yet!

jessica said...

hahahaha..what a cute post!

I am addicted too. I keep thinking about quitting but then I ask myself, why??? Is it super bad for me? I don't even know? I hear it makes you crave sugar, but I crave sugar anyways, so I don't think there is any stopping that. Isn't it funny that we watch our Mom's guzzle the stuff and think it's gross & then eventually we turn into them! I used to hate DC and now it's part of my blood?!?! Maybe it's a right of passage?

Luke and Ali Stewart said...

I used to be a big DC addict. Now I have switched to Diet Dr. Pepper. The problem with living in Utah County is that they have drive up gas stations so you don't even have to get out of the car to get your 32 ozer!

kelly said...

ahh! welcome to the dark side. although i prefer cherry coke, dr. pepper, or regular coke.

Abby and Ryann said...

haha... Sar I love it! You know me and my Diet Coke, I need detox one of these days because a 32 oz. is crucial to my day! I'm glad you can now understand the power of this stuff. Since I haven't seen you in ages next time I'm at my brothers in Daybreak let's do a DC run. Love you! xxx

Becky said...

I have been fighting with myself for about a year now about my reliance on DC!! Funny that just this week I was just going to try to limit myself to maybe one every other day.... did not happen! Am I ever going to be able to get off this?? If you find a way let me know! I am excited to see you next week for sure!!!

kelly said...

heck... if you're having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad week then you deserve all the dc you can drink.

thanks for your sweet words today, they really helped cheer me up.

mama jo said...

don't you know that coke runs in our (bagley) veins? that's the secret to everyones survival..
and it better be coke, not pepsi...grandma june only drank coke!

BrainandHeather said...

Hey Sarah,
THis is Heather. I am so glad you found my blog. I totally agree with the whole Diet Coke. It is HEAVEN SENT! It is so good to hear from ya. This whole blog thing is fun way to keep track of friends! Ill keen checkin in!
Heather

Steve and Stacy Harbie said...

Sarah! I absolutely love your blog, and I am so happy things are going so well for you two. It is so fun to hear from you! Just so you know my husband has the same addition to the hard stuff, coke. I wonder if they really stopped putting "coke" in it . . .

Kirkland's said...

I LOVE Diet Coke, but since I read Bob Greene's 'The Best Life Diet' book...he says cut out ALL carbination - I've been off it. But there are days when a good ole' diet coke would make me feel so much better!! GOod luck trying to ween yourself!

Jon said...

I cant believe this many people commented about Diet Coke, and they were all addicted too. Must be a popular blog and a popular drink.