Sunday, October 26, 2008

October Birthday Parties!

I swear everyone is born in October--and these past few weeks we've been able to celebrate.

First, my little sis turned 18 on Oct. 17 and that night we threw her a surprise party in my parents backyard. It turned out awesome! My other sister and I "planned" it, but her friends really did all of the work. They decorated the entire backyard with streamers, signs and balloons-they brought in a fire pit and they set up a screen and projector to watch a movie! It was so fun and Katie had NO idea!!

Katie got the cutest Disney Princess cake

Walking into the party

SURPRISE!!

Katie with the party-planners

Katie with her 4 best friends
(We could not have pulled off the party without them)

Then--4 of my friends have October birthdays-Megan, Brooke, Linds and Kristin. (Krist--even though you live in Boston now we still sang Happy Bday to you!)
So instead of celebrating for each individual birthday we decided to have one big party! It was a lot fun to have friends over and hang out!

Happy Birthday everyone, love you all!

9 comments:

Chris & Breanne Coccimiglio said...

I love it! That is so fun that you did that for your sis. I bet she was so suprised! There are alot of birthdays this month. I love Halloween time! I love the pumpkins below. Looks like fun!

Kristin Morgan said...

That just about made me cry. Thanks for thinking of me. I was looking at that picture of everyone (minus me) and was thinking our group of friends are extremely good looking! Seriously, after living in Cambridge everyone here is so academic looking and not super attractive. But, if anyone here were to see a group of women like that they'd die! Our friends are so cute! Seeing pics on your blog and Lindsay's made me sad I haven't been around. Oh, well. What do you do? Miss you ladies! Thanks for thinking of me!

Kristin

Tibett said...

Fun parties! I didn't realize Megan's bday was October! How rude of me! Looks like she a great party though!

Tom and Julie said...

What about your "big" sister Brooke - the original Halloween Baby?

The Thueson's said...

How cute you all are to get together for birthdays still! That is fun.. I need to get my friends to start doing that!

Jeff and Mallory said...

I didnt know it was Megan's Birthday either. We should get a calendar going of everyones birthday. The party looked like tons of fun!

cheeks said...

Sarah! Oh thank you for leaving a comment for me! I'm so glad you found our blog...i've been throwing around the idea of going private, but i love it when i find connections like this! How are you guys? I don't think i've even seen you since your wedding! It's crazy how time flies! Tell ALVIN hi from me! Hope you guys are doing well! I'll add you to my links so we can keep in touch! --Jami--

Travelin'Oma said...

Katie looks so surprised! What a fun way to turn 18.

jessica said...

The clown IS VERY CREEPY! I agree. And I also agree that EVERYONE was born in October. That is so true.

Thanks for the nice comment about my bangs! We will see how long they last!!