Last Saturday I completed my third half marathon! Never in my life did I think I could run more than a mile so three half marathons is HUGE for me even though it's not a big deal for most runners! This was by far my funnest half! For one - this was the half that made me want to do a half! Last year I saw the sign for it at the mouth of the canyon and I knew that I wanted to do it but I didn't feel ready for it and I did this one instead. So this year I knew that I had to do it and I'm so glad I did!
I had run down Big Cottonwood twice last fall and they were my favorite runs. So this year I ran down it 3 times to train, and again - LOVED it. It is just a fun, downhill, fast run that is so beautiful. I could run 12 miles down it every Saturday if I had time!
I signed up for the half totally alone, didn't even know anyone who had signed up. But the day before I found out that my friend Suzy was also running it so we met at the top the morning of the race and ran together. Suzy is a huge marathoner and way fast, but luckily for me she had taken almost 2 months off of running this summer so she took this half easy (for her, fast for me!). It was so fun just chatting and running and I was super happy with my time.
Such a fun half and I felt great, probably should have and could have pushed it harder but I had a blast and can't wait to do it again next year!


3 comments:
You killed it! Seriously inspiring Sar!
Woohooo! Maybe by this time next year I'll be able to run 13 miles ;)
Post a Comment