Friday, March 1, 2013

Egg Retreival

Our egg retrieval was yesterday, boy am I glad that is over.  Our time was at 1pm and we were supposed to arrive at 12:30.  So we get there, get all ready, and then the anesthesiologist was AN HOUR late, I was livid. But trying to be calm.  He got there at about 2pm, put me into a wonderful sleep and they took out my eggs. I had 26 follicles but 18 of them had eggs in them.  They then fertilized them and will call me later today with how many were able to be fertilized.  I have been sick all day waiting for the call. 

The procedure went well - I woke up super loopy and Al got some great footage of me saying weird things! I wasn't able to eat or drink all day before it, so after the surgery they gave me some apple juice and then we stopped by Red Mango and I had a few bites of that.  And then the awfulness kicked in and I got SO sick.  I don't know if it was from not eating all day and then eating sugary foods, or from the meds, anesthesia  or what, but last night was not fun.  I was nauseous and throwing up all night.  Maddie and Jordan were so nice to stop by with treats, flowers and magazines and then Alan's parents brought us soup from Zupas and also chicken broth, crackers, ginger ale, etc. They were life savers.  My doctor called me in Zofran at about 9pm since I will still so sick so Al went to pick that up and I took it which helped so much - I was finally able to sleep which was good.  I woke up a few times in the night but now I feel okay. Still a little queasy but after a shower and soup I am starting to feel better.  Just nervous for the call about my eggs. 

Thanks to all of you for everything you've done - texts, emails, meals, flowers, etc. I can't thank you enough! And I'll tell you one thing, right now I would never do IVF again! Way too much emotional pain, physical pain, anxiety, etc. I don't think I can handle it again! :) I'll update on the egg situation tomorrow!


A little nervous before the retrieval :)

23 comments:

Polly said...

i'm so sorry you didn't feel well, but hopefully all that illness will turn into something good. we are praying for a successful outcome. keep us posted.

Jeff and Mallory said...

I dont know if I was invited when you made your blog private last time... Here is my email... mall_mall22@msn.com. Hope you are feeling better! What an emotional rollercoaster. We are praying for you and I hope you know if you ever need anything I am here. Love you!

Tibett said...

I don't know if I received an invite to your blog last time...tibett_p@hotmail.com. I hope you get the call soon!!! That is about how many eggs I had with my retrieval with Trey. Good luck!!!

the becks said...

I'd love to stay updated! richieandsarajanebeck@gmail.com

Hope you feel better and just know that we are praying for you and Alan!

Marty & Meghan Rich said...

Love u sar!! nofxmeg@hotmail.com

jessica said...

I'm so sorry you were so sick! Praying! Xo.

Ferran Family said...

Hang in there Sar!! I would love to be kept updated ;) morganferran@yahoo.com

Thistles Home & Gift said...

Hoping things get better, you are such a strong person and together with Al things will turn out just how they are supposed to, hang in there:) add me to your list: thenestboutique@gmail.com thanks!

Unknown said...

i want to stay updated! kerry.junee@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

praying for you sar!!! love you
Jennymetcalf25@gmail.com

Todd and Melissa said...

I think I gave you my email last time but just in case it is Melissa.glover3@gmail.com

Good luck with everything. I hope that it all goes well!

{owens} said...

Would love to keep reading.. good luck. ashandcam@gmail.com

Amy said...

Sarah,
I have been following your blog for a long time now. I applaud your courage to talk openly and frankly about infertility. I am hoping and praying that all goes well for you in the next little while!
Love you, cuz!
Please add me to your private blog role. I really want to be kept in the loop.
nimmy@me.com

Rachel and Eric said...

Hey! Make sure I'm on the list. I'm excited to see how things go for you! rachelq4@hotmail.com You are seriously a star.

Copinga's said...

Hey girl you are amazing and so strong!! I keep thinking of you hang in there! Acopinga@yahoo.com

Mary said...

Love you Sar! I hope you feel better soon and that everything goes well! I'd love to keep reading your blog: meanderson777@gmail.com

Julie said...

Sarah...I hope the whole procedure goes well for you! You are in my thoughts and prayers during this whole time. Here is my email..juliedeng801@gmail.com

The Greenwoods said...

I hope you get feeling better asap!!!
haileyann@hotmail.com

Jamie Lynn said...

Praying for you. love an invite -
Jamie Richards
jrichards13@gmail.com

Kerry said...

Hey Sarah, I just came across your blog and haven't been able to stop reading. Will you add me?
kerryfogg@gmail.com. You are in my thoughts!

Ali said...

Good luck with a successful outcome Sarah! I would love an invite :)

ali.holt@yahoo.com

Heather said...

Heather.ofee@gmail.com

Sarah, you are honestly amazing! I love reading about your journey.. I honestly don't know anyone more deserving of children!

the johansen's said...

I have loved reading about your experience with this. Thinking about you. And, I would love to read your blog still, sarahljohansen@gmail.com