Thursday, July 1, 2010

book worm?


So this year it was my goal to read 2 books. Yes you read that right, 2 books in a year! Im not much of a reader as you can see. However this year has been different! I had read 2 books in January alone! Now Im up to 7 books in 6 months. That may be very weak compared to all you readers out there but Im very proud of myself!

Here is what I have read so far this year....

  • Breaking Dawn - weirdest book ever, but whatever, i had to see how it all ended.
  • The Last Song - loved it and loved the movie
  • These Is My Words - loved it
  • Dear John - same thoughts as The Last Song
  • Hunger Games - AMAZING
  • Catching Fire - OBSESSED
  • The Help - loved it

I feel like I have read some pretty good books this year, that is why I need your help to keep the streak going. I just started Half The Sky and don't know how I feel about it yet, and Im planning on reading Hunger Games and Catching Fire again before the third one comes out, yes I am that obsessed. I have all of my characters mapped out for the movies and I do plan on going to Barnes and Noble at midnight when Mockingjay comes out, dont judge. But I need more referrals! I want books that engulf me and I cant put down!

What are you favorite books?

10 comments:

jessica said...

The Pact by Jodi Picoult (I've read this book probably 10 times...my favorite & she is my favorite author)
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls
The Bridges of Madison County by Waller
Without A Map by Meredith Hall
Dreamland by Sarah Dessen

Oh how I love to read!!

the johansen's said...

I agree with Jess. Jodi Picoult is amazing and I second her recommendation for The Pact. She also wrote 19 Minutes which is really good. Emily Giffin is a really good author. She wrote a book called Love the One You're With and I am just about to start her two book series, Something Borrowed (first book), Something Blue.
13 Reasons Why (sad but good.)

bb iverson said...

Hi Sari. Pope Joan is a must. Push Not the River is another one I think you'd really love. Cain & Able is maybe my all-time favorite and I think you'd really like that one too (I bet it shoots to the top of Al's favorites list also, it is totally a boy book that girls just happen to love as well. Ask Buddy, he loved it). I second Glass Castle, one of my all-time faves. My book club is reading one in Oct I haven't read yet but those who have say it's one of the best books they've read in a long time. It's call The Heretic's Daughter about the child of a lady accused of being a witch during the Salem witch trials.

Polly said...

Cain and Able was one of my all time favorites. I love anything Jeffrey Archer writes, but that is his best.

Travelin'Oma said...

Rebecca, To Kill a Mockingbird, Winthrop Woman, Eye of the Needle, A Time to Kill, Presumed Innocent, The Firm, Absolute Power . . . I am so jealous. I would love to read these books (again) for the first time. They are so great!

Tibett said...

Hi Sarah! I love to read, and so I have lots of favorites. Here are some of mine: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton, Joy In the Morning and A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith, The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory, The Glass Lake by Maeve Binchy, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte.

MacKenzie said...

A lot of people have said Jodi Picoult but that was the first thought I had to recommend to you. Her books are pretty controversial and they'll get you thinking but they are awesome. My favorite one is Change of Heart. It's fantastic. Definitely a must read.

Katie Torriente: said...

Hey- so here are a few that I've read recently that I really like:

-"Pillars of the Earth" and "World Without End" both by Ken Follet.
-"One Thousand White Women" by Jim Fergus
-"The many lives and sorrows of Josephine B" - it's a trilogy and I liked all 3 books.
-Also, like Tibett said, anything by Phillipa Gregory.

melissa said...

I love it!! I am totally a book worm lately too. I just re-read both The Hunger Games and Catching Fire in less than a week and I cannot wait for the third. I will have to come hang out with you at midnight! Only a month and like 2 weeks left, yay! I don't have any good suggestions other than those. I am making everybody I know read them right now. Plus I just finished The Help too or I'd recomment that...let me know what you start reading and if they're any good. Let's do lunch please!

melissa said...

Jodi Picoult is a must. I really liked 19 Minutes and Change of Heart. I've read almost all of hers and those two really stand out.