So there's this thing I like to do that I call Summer Running, cleaver name right?! Pretty much I only run in the summer and then I stop working out the rest of the year! In the winter it's just way too cold to get out of my car and walk inside the gym or to put on workout clothes. But there is just something about early morning runs in the summer that help me stay sane, relax me even {what?!}. And I have been lucky enough to have friends in my neighborhood who love it too so it works out perfect to run with buddies!
Since I only run half of the year I'm not amazingly fast or have any big time goals, I just run to get outside and enjoy the weather! I don't care about my pace or my mileage, I just like to get out of a stuffy office or house and enjoy the summer.
My two running buddies this year - Sara and Eryn! I wouldn't get up in the wee hours of the morning if it weren't for them!
I also really owe a lot of my running to living in Daybreak - it seriously is the perfect and most beautiful place to run. The lake is a perfect, mostly flattish route with such pretty scenery. If I lived most anywhere else I'm sure I wouldn't stick to running very well! The beauty of my neighborhood gets me out of bed!
The most beautiful sunrise one morning! Definitely worth the 6am alarm clock.
Some of the girls signed up for the Utah Valley 10k in June. I didn't sign up or plan on doing it because it didn't seem worth the time or money just to run 6 miles. But one of my friends ended up not being able to do it so I ran in her place and it was so much fun!
1 comment:
I'll have to start coming out there to run with you on Saturdays! So pretty!
Post a Comment