
february 1st was going to be my new january 1st. but now im thinking march 1st will be!
its only been 6 weeks since 2011 started and i already need a fresh start. im just not sure if im quite ready for it yet.
2011 has been, well lets say....not the best so far. but i dont want to have a horrible start to a new year when new years means a clean slate, new goals, a positive outlook. therefore i am starting o v e r. right now. or soon!
after having an exhausting year last year that included: doctors, pills, surgery, insemination's, specialists, blood tests, kits, thermometers, supplement insurance, lots of money spent and to end the year with a positive test-we thought the hard part was over and we were ecstatic.
until we started the new year with news that things didnt progress as far as they should have and things werent going to progress any further. i was heartbroken. i took the pills, i had one horrific day (that ended up lasting a few weeks....with the added bonus of a sinus infection and a husband with bronchitis, fun times) and here we are. pregnantless, still.
im not one to talk about emotions, especially on my blog. after all, blogs are to show everyone how perfect our lives are, right?! well after this year i have realized that life isnt perfect, life cant be planned, and i cant compare myself to others, as hard as it is not to. so like i said, i dont really talk about my feelings, but i can write them. so here i am, blogging about it. not asking for sympathy because i dont want that. i know that fertility problems are common, i know that miscarriages are common, but i never thought that all of this would happen to me. i always thought i would grow up to be the perfect mom to 4 perfect kids and not have any problem doing it, but i am obviously meant to learn a little more before that can happen.
this has definitly been a very hard trial in my life, one that i never expected but one that i am trying to learn and grow from. i know that i am meant to be a mom, someday, somehow and i have learned that it is not on my time.
so for now i have to learn to be happy with what i have been blessed with. i have to learn to be happy for my friends and family who can get pregnant and have their babies instead of being jealous of them, i have to learn to not cringe when i know someone, who has a 6 month old, announces that she had an accident and is trying to "get used to the idea" of having another baby, i have to learn that i dont need new friends just because I am the only one without kids.
i have to remember that i have an amazing husband and we have so much fun together with just the two of us, i have to remember that i have a great job and live in a great neighborhood in the perfect house for us, i have to remember that just because my friends have kids and i dont-they are still the most amazing friends a girl could ask for, i have to remember that i have the best family in the world and i would be lost without them, i have to remember how nice it is to be able to do what i want, when i want, how i want and that when i have kids that will change, and most importantly i have to remember that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me, a plan that i once agreed to and knew i could handle. as hard as life may seem right now, i know, without a doubt, that things really will work out in the end. i will get my babies one day, even though it is not happening how or when i want. i have to remember that my Heavenly Father is there for me and wont let me down and i have to remember that He knows what is best for me.
i need to thank all of you who have been so supportive and understanding during this time. i know that this is common so i wasnt expecting a thing from anyone. i didnt want to make a big deal about this. but this isnt common to me and it has been extremely difficult, sad and exhausting to go through and i have never been more full of gratitude in my life. it has made me realize what a thoughtless person i am when friends and family are going through a hard time!! thank you for the phone calls, texts, cards, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, meals, flowers, and more. i truly, honestly, do not know where i would be without all of you! i cant thank you all enough! from friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, ward members, and more...i really do have the most amazing people who surround me each and every day. i love you all!!
i am trying to move on, to get over this. i needed, and still need a little break from life. hence the facebook deletion and blog privatizing! i need time away from hearing about everyone elses life, from hearing about baby annoucements, i need time away from the computer to get caught up on life and my feelings, i need to time to stop comparing myself to others. even though this is a downer post, i feel like i need to get these feelings off my chest in order to move on. im sure the blog will be unprivate soon and i'll be back facebooking about the bachelor in no time, but for now i need a little more time on my own.
its only been 6 weeks since 2011 started and i already need a fresh start. im just not sure if im quite ready for it yet.
2011 has been, well lets say....not the best so far. but i dont want to have a horrible start to a new year when new years means a clean slate, new goals, a positive outlook. therefore i am starting o v e r. right now. or soon!
after having an exhausting year last year that included: doctors, pills, surgery, insemination's, specialists, blood tests, kits, thermometers, supplement insurance, lots of money spent and to end the year with a positive test-we thought the hard part was over and we were ecstatic.
until we started the new year with news that things didnt progress as far as they should have and things werent going to progress any further. i was heartbroken. i took the pills, i had one horrific day (that ended up lasting a few weeks....with the added bonus of a sinus infection and a husband with bronchitis, fun times) and here we are. pregnantless, still.
im not one to talk about emotions, especially on my blog. after all, blogs are to show everyone how perfect our lives are, right?! well after this year i have realized that life isnt perfect, life cant be planned, and i cant compare myself to others, as hard as it is not to. so like i said, i dont really talk about my feelings, but i can write them. so here i am, blogging about it. not asking for sympathy because i dont want that. i know that fertility problems are common, i know that miscarriages are common, but i never thought that all of this would happen to me. i always thought i would grow up to be the perfect mom to 4 perfect kids and not have any problem doing it, but i am obviously meant to learn a little more before that can happen.
this has definitly been a very hard trial in my life, one that i never expected but one that i am trying to learn and grow from. i know that i am meant to be a mom, someday, somehow and i have learned that it is not on my time.
so for now i have to learn to be happy with what i have been blessed with. i have to learn to be happy for my friends and family who can get pregnant and have their babies instead of being jealous of them, i have to learn to not cringe when i know someone, who has a 6 month old, announces that she had an accident and is trying to "get used to the idea" of having another baby, i have to learn that i dont need new friends just because I am the only one without kids.
i have to remember that i have an amazing husband and we have so much fun together with just the two of us, i have to remember that i have a great job and live in a great neighborhood in the perfect house for us, i have to remember that just because my friends have kids and i dont-they are still the most amazing friends a girl could ask for, i have to remember that i have the best family in the world and i would be lost without them, i have to remember how nice it is to be able to do what i want, when i want, how i want and that when i have kids that will change, and most importantly i have to remember that my Heavenly Father has a plan for me, a plan that i once agreed to and knew i could handle. as hard as life may seem right now, i know, without a doubt, that things really will work out in the end. i will get my babies one day, even though it is not happening how or when i want. i have to remember that my Heavenly Father is there for me and wont let me down and i have to remember that He knows what is best for me.
i need to thank all of you who have been so supportive and understanding during this time. i know that this is common so i wasnt expecting a thing from anyone. i didnt want to make a big deal about this. but this isnt common to me and it has been extremely difficult, sad and exhausting to go through and i have never been more full of gratitude in my life. it has made me realize what a thoughtless person i am when friends and family are going through a hard time!! thank you for the phone calls, texts, cards, cookies, brownies, cupcakes, meals, flowers, and more. i truly, honestly, do not know where i would be without all of you! i cant thank you all enough! from friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, ward members, and more...i really do have the most amazing people who surround me each and every day. i love you all!!
i am trying to move on, to get over this. i needed, and still need a little break from life. hence the facebook deletion and blog privatizing! i need time away from hearing about everyone elses life, from hearing about baby annoucements, i need time away from the computer to get caught up on life and my feelings, i need to time to stop comparing myself to others. even though this is a downer post, i feel like i need to get these feelings off my chest in order to move on. im sure the blog will be unprivate soon and i'll be back facebooking about the bachelor in no time, but for now i need a little more time on my own.
if you know me well, you know that i am a planner, a list maker, a dayplanner checker, a schedule maker....but a late to everything, type of girl. my life isnt panning out how i planned, my life "to-do" list isnt getting checked off as quick as i would like, but i guess my unpunctual personality is rubbing off on my life plans! i always get to where i need to go, it just takes me a little longer. i always tell Al that my life just runs 10 minutes behind everyone else's. i guess now my life is trying to tell me that.....thing will happen, it just might be 10 minutes later than i expected!
27 comments:
YOU are the best little girl we know of - we're so proud to be your mom & dad, and love you more than words can tell. Also,you WILL be a MOM, and soon - we PROMISE!!! In the meantime, just keep being the cute, sweet, funny, awesome little girl we've known and loved for your whole life - OK?
I loved this post. I'm teary... and I love you! Like the old saying goes... good things come to those who wait-- and good things are in store for you guys. Without a doubt!! this is your year :). And what a stronger mother, wife and friend you are for it.
XOXO- Abs
Sarah,
I really am so proud of how well you have handled the last year. You have been such a great friend as you've had to watch everyone around you get what you want so bad! You have been such a great example to me and I want you to know that there is a baby that is going to be SO LUCKY to have you as it's mom!
Here's to a new year!
love you,
Danielle
This is such a sweet post. I'm sorry for your heartache these past months. It's so humbling to find out we aren't in charge of our lives the way we thought we'd be. Thanks so much for including me in your new blog!
Sarah, thank you for that post! I am so sorry for what you have been through. I'm happy you actually posted your true feelings because the best therapy is to let it out. I was like how you were and I tried to keep things in, but please know that I am here for you! I know you are going to be a mommy soon and you will be the best mom! I truly feel that these things happen for a reason and you will appreciate your pregnancy so much more than I think other people do. I love you Sar!
Did you have to make me cry again! :) I love the post and I love you! I'm so proud of you for writing it... I hope you're feeling a little better letting a little more out. You've been so strong through everything it's good to be weak at times too. Now pack your bags and get the heck out of town! (and make that baby while you're there!) LOVE YOU
Sarah, I am so sorry that things have turned out like this for you. I wish I could give you a big hug and have everything turn out just as you want. As you are learning that doesn't always happen. But know that I love you and will keep you in my prayers. Things aren't always as we wish they would be, but they do turn out for our best. I'm sure you will be a wonderful mom soon. love you so much, aunt polly
Sarah, Thanks for letting me in on your blog.
You are amazingly strong. I think of you often. Probably more than you'd ever know.
I love how open, honest you are.
Good things are in store for you...and I am proud of your positive outlook on the future and your ability to cheer others on in the process.
I cant wait to be in touch even from Singapore!
XOXO,
Jane
I am SO sorry you had to go through this! You are going to make the most amazing mom! Keep positive thoughts it's going to happen for you! It was good seeing you Saturday let's get together soon!
Sarah
I love you! You have been amazing this last year. I have been impressed over and over again. You have been such a supportive friend. You have been unselfish and happy for everyone else, when I know it must have been killing you.You truly are going to be the best mommy!
Sarah, I love you! I have honestly and really felt everything you are feeling. If you ever need to talk, you can call me. I will totally keep you in my prayers! It really is a hard thing to go through, and you seem to have already realized what it took me 7 years to realize. Really and truly let me know if you need someone to talk to. Hang in there, your time will come, and you will be a wonderful mom!
By the way, I LOVE that quote, I think I'm going to copy it from you!
I am so sorry you have had to go through all of this. It will take a long time to feel normal again, but I hope you do as soon as possible. I hope you will have a happy spring with many great things coming your way! Keep looking forward! I know it is hard to share things like this but glad you did. Thanks and love!
I love you so much. I am so sorry. I am thinking about you and you are a great example to me. Wow. You are amazing.
Sars...I love you so much!! You have always been the bestest friend to me and I appreciate all you do. You are such an amazing person and you will be a fabulous mom soon!! You and Al need to do a fun trip....you both deserve it. :)
I am so sorry you have had to go through all of this but you will be a better person bc of it. I love you!! xoxo
Sarah
I love this post! Thank you for sharing what you've been going through, I am sure that it is discouraging but things will happen..good things will happen. I'm thinking about you and Al. Love you guys.
I think of you often more than you will know. You are amazing! I absolutely love you and your honesty in this post.
I can't imagine what you have had to go through this past year I don't think anyone can. I know for a fact you and Alan are going to be so much stronger for it. Your 10 minutes late is almost up...
Here is to a new year...YOUR year!
XOXO
Becky
I'm sorry you have had to go through this :( I pray for you everyday. I know that as soon as it is supposed to happen, it will. And when it does, I'm sure all the struggles will be 100% worth it. Can't wait until little ricey comes! You will be the cutest most perfect mom one day soon! Love you!!
Sar I don't even know where to start! I am just bawling right now! You are without a doubt the MOST AMAZING woman! I am so proud of you for getting this all off of your chest, I really hope it made you feel better and made you feel like you can actually breathe. I love you more than you will ever know! I am so sorry you have had to go through all of this but it is your turn next!! This is going to be a good year for you and Al and we are ALL here cheering you on! Thanks for being such a great friend and so supportive of me you are the best! Here's to a clean slate, a fresh start, and a Hogan baby!! Love you!
Ohhh Sarah.... can I just say that you are AMAZING! Really if I can say one positive thing about having a miscarriage it has been developing a friendship with you. I always look forward to your emails, and your prospective on things. It has been so nice having one person to talk through all of this, that knows exactly how I feel, and relates to me on a level that not many do. You are such a DARLING girl, and one day will be the best mom.
Sar,
Thanks for inviting me to view your blog and like so many others have said, thanks for sharing this post. I can't imagine all that you have gone through but I wanted to let you know how touched I was by your strength and honesty. I bought a card recently that read, 'the best is yet to come.' After reading your post I thought of this quote and hope that your March-December 2011 brings much joy and positivity! :)
Sarah!! I am so glad I am back on you blog. Even though I never get to see you or talk to you much, I feel like we are still in touch via the good old blog and fb world. You are so so darling and amazing!! What an inspiration your post was! It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you for bringing reality back into life! I miss you and love you! You are going to be the best little mama soon!! Hopefully we can really do lunch soon! Xoxo
I just now read this post. You wrote your feelings so well. I am proud of you, is that weird to say? You are a tough woman. Keep being tough.
Love you,
Kristin
Sar!
Oh girl I had no idea you were going through all of this. I couldn't get through your post without crying. You are so very amazing and so very strong. I'm sorry that you have been given this trial for now. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this has been on you. But I know that you will be a mommy someday soon and that you will be the very best mom. Your little ones are going to be so very lucky to have such an incredible mom! Xoxo
Oh, Sarah. My heart hurts for you. Fertility problems, miscarriage, and aching for a baby are some of the hardest trials (in my opinion) that a woman in the Gospel can face. We grow up assuming that we will just have kids, and when it doesn't happen, trying to understand why not can be so completely overwhelming. I am so sorry you have to have this trial, too. Yes, I finally got my baby (after a couple of super hard years, a couple of bad miscarriages, and a truly heinous pregnancy), and I truly hope you gets yours soon. You WILL appreciate those kids more when the do come--in the Lord's time. But man, I know it's hard to wait and trust. Love you!
If you ever want to vent or talk about it, I'm all ears. Seriously. ashiozawamiles@gmail.com
Alli
Sarah- I had no idea. I am so sorry!! Not that it helps at all, but my sister went through this for 2 years! It's so hard, and I can only imagine and don't pretend to know what it's like! I wish you and Al the best! Here's to praying that your time comes soon!! Best wishes! I'll be thinking of you guys!
Ashlee
Hi Sarah. You don't know me but I'm alan's friend jami's cousin and have known Al for a long time as well so I check in on your blog periodically to see how life is for you guys. I hope you don't mind. I don't ever post but I couldn't help myself this time. I just wanted you to know how much yor post touched me. I have not personally struggled with infertility but have gone through some other pretty major trials myself in the last year or so and just wanted you to know how grateful I am to you for your wonderful perspective on life and our heavenly father's plan for us. I hope that that 10 minutes late comes really soon for you guys and I will be praying for you to receive that special little one soon. It's hard to think that we agreed to these trials that we go through on this earth but thank you for the reminder that we did and that our heavenly father is there to love us and help us through it all. Good luck with everything and tell Al I said hi:) and thank you for touching my heart even though you don't know me.
Post a Comment