Monday, December 7, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

I feel like Thanksgiving was so long ago! Im way behind but here it goes...

Our Thanksgiving works out perfect for us being able to go with both families. We started off with my family eating at Tuscany around noon. The food is so good and we are able to go with my grandma and cousins. Wish we got a pic together Lala!







We stuffed ourselves full and hung out all day at my parents and then went over to Aunt Polly's for pie with the Mullin's and Despain's.

We went to Al's parents at 6 that night for round two! Its nice eating so early with my fam because then we are hungry again for our second dinner with the Hogan's. So we ate with them and played games all night! I love Thanksgiving, its so fun getting together with family and eating all day!

It was SO nice having a few days off work! I love long weekends. We went to Blindside which we loved, Al woke up early to see what Black Fridays deals were at Target and Wal-Mart, and we put up our tree and the few other random decorations we have. I decided that this year I am going to actually buy some decorations when they are on sale after Christmas, all of the ones I use are old hand-me-downs.

Now I cant wait for Christmas! I have been listening to Christmas music all day at work and I cant get enough of it! We have started watching all of our favorite Christmas movies...Elf, The Grinch and The Santa Clause down...Scrooged, Christmas Vacation, Home Alone, Its A Wonderful Life and The Nativity to go!

The countdown is on for Christmas and if you remember from this post a few years ago my mom had put together some amazing advent calendars for her kids. Well she decided to do them again this year and I am so excited! It is so much fun opening each day to see what gift card, treat or prize my parents left us! Thanks for all of the hours you spent running around town getting stuff for these, love you!

18 days to go!

5 comments:

marta said...

looks like such a fun thanksgiving! and tell your mom, if she starts selling those advents, i'm first on the list!

Becky said...

What a fun Thanksgiving. Yummy Tuscany!

You are so stinkin cute! I have to ask where you got your adorable skirt?

See you soon!

Lauren Rawlings said...

Those calendars are so freakin cute. I just love your mom. It's too bad I couldn't sit by ya at Tuscany so we could catch up. Guess it will have to be at Christmas!

Jeff and Linz said...

You have such a huge family!! Your tree looks cute! Your Mom is so sweet to make those calendars. That is such a fun idea!!

jen said...

We love Tuscany... I'll have to try it on Turkey Day sometime.

Did your mom tell you I saw her at Porcupine a few weeks ago... she is such a babe! Can you ask her if cousin Jen can have an advent calendar too... I remember when you got it... love it.

Hope to see your gorgeous self @ the family party! :)