Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple

Next Monday, June 1st, the Oquirrh Mountain Temple (click on the link for some cool pics of the building process) opens up its doors for the public open houses! I cant even tell you how excited I am to have a temple a few streets away from my house...and I thought living 10 mins away from the Jordan River Temple was awesome! With it being only a few seconds from my house I should probably be going twice a month now!
We, like pretty much everyone who lives in Daybreak, just came out to "look"and see what Daybreak was all about, and we all ending up moving here! I really do feel like I was meant to move to Daybreak and I know that living so close to the temple is one of the reasons why. It has been incredible watching the building process and I cant believe that its finally done!
All of you out there better come out to Daybreak and visit the temple...and me while your at it! (If its a night or weekend!) You can get your tickets here, or if its like the Draper Temple open houses just show up with no tickets and I'm sure you'll be fine.
I always meant to go take some picture of this finished temple but I haven't gotten around to it so I stole these amazing pictures from my friend Claire...Claire if you read my blog THANKS! You know I think these pics are awesome!

7 comments:

Jeff and Mallory said...

I am so excited to have it open! Did you guys go through it yesterday? It is so beautiful! We will need to make it a monthly group date!

Unknown said...

Oh how fun! I wish I was there and could go to it! It is so pretty :)

Unknown said...

Oh shoot! Thats me.. Tara!

Travelin'Oma said...

The setting for this temple is awesome. How fun to live in the literal shadow of the temple!

mama jo said...

looks beautiful...

Polly said...

what a beautiful setting! You are lucky to have it so close.

Lauren Rawlings said...

Those pictures really are so cool! I hope I can go to this one cause I totally missed the Draper one.